Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A new type of blog!!

So I've decided to switch up my blog a little bit... I hope some of you might have some input to some of my posts because I'd love to hear your opinion. As you probably well know I graduated from Taylor Andrews with my esthetics license a few months ago and I LOVE it. I also LOVE shopping and trying new products. So.... I thought why not blog about all the new products I'm trying. Todays post is about SPRAY TANNING!!!!


So Tan So Bronze Airbrush Tanner
$$$
Say hello to my LEAST favorite personal spray tan. So Tan So Bronze Airbrush Tanner 7.5 oz of non-color. I've been using this for about a week and can barely see a difference in my skin. I spent about $20.00 on this and have not been very satisfied. If you like a very light "I've been out in the sun for a half hour" type of tan than this is for you. Personally if i'm going to spend money on a tan I want to be able to see the color. I would not suggest this product.
$$

This is a step up from the previous spray tan. The color is very noticeable and VERY glittery. Depending on the undertones of your skin this tan has the tendency to have and orange tint. It also does not last past your next shower and if you get sweaty can rub off on your clothes. I would use for special occasions only and only use a light layer. The glitter is very fine and can add a lot to the tan but trust me from personal experience LESS IS MORE!! (and don't spray directly on your face, spray on cotton round and apply)

Body Drench Quick Tan (Instant Self-tanning Spray) 6 Oz Can
$$
This is MY FAVORITE spray tan so far. It leaves a great color that lasts for up to a week. You can apply it yourself pretty easy but it's not a bad idea to have someone help you. Good INSTANT color that is def more brown than orange. You can do layers and build your tan as light or dark as you want, but with a lot of layers you might feel a little sticky the first day. The one downside..... DO NOT get wet within the first 6-12 hrs or it will streak/spot. If you do, just spray some on a cotton round and blot on said streak or spot or just blend it in with lotion.
So there you go. My first product judging post. I'm open to any suggestion of products to try for future posts.

6 comments:

Ron and Maggie said...

I like the idea... I think a good one would be shampoos and conditioners. My hair is really damaged from hayden so I'm trying to get my hair back to normal

Meg said...

mag i know a way good one for you i just got a sample of at cosmoprof. i'll look up the info for you!

THE ORVINS said...

oooh i love the idea, keep it up i need all the advice i can get :)

McKensi said...

this actually made me want to try it:) what brand was it and where to buy?

Brecken-Master Aesthetician said...

LOVE THIS! You and Chantel are always showing me awesome new products. I'm a follower! :)

Meg said...

kens. you can get that spray tan at cosmo prof for about 14 bucks but its usually on sale for about 8 or 9